Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): characterized by chronic anxiety, exaggerated worry and tension.
- Panic Disorder: characterized by unexpected and repeated panic attacks
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): characterized by recurrent, unwanted and intrusive thoughts and/or repetitive behaviors
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD): characterized by overwhelming anxiety and excessive self-consciousness in everyday social situations.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): characterized by anxiety symptoms developed in response to a terrifying event.
- Depression: characterized by low mood, loss of interest or pleasure, feelings of guilt or low self-worth, disturbed sleep or appetite, low energy, and poor concentration.
- Sleep difficulties: such as difficulty falling or staying asleep.
- Chronic fatigue: characterized by extreme fatigue or tiredness that doesn’t go away with rest and can’t be explained by an underlying medical condition
- Chronic pain: defined as any pain lasting more than 12 weeks
- Physical symptoms without a medical diagnosis
• Online / Skype
I currently offer online video appointments only. Research is showing that online CBT is just as effective as face to face treatment (Ruwaard et al., 2011). My clinical experience and the recovery rates of my clients also confirm that finding. The software I use to conduct therapeutic sessions is Zoom as it provides high data and privacy security measures (256-bit TLS encryption).
Please note that due to my full caseload, I am sometimes unable to offer a timeslot within the week of your inquiry. Therefore, it is best to contact me for an appointment as soon as possible and I will respond with availability information in a timely fashion.
I generally work with clients once a week for 8-12 sessions. Each session lasts 50 minutes. The treatment length depends on the presenting problem and your treatment goals which we are going to discuss during our initial session (assessment).
I work with a highly experienced and licensed CBT therapist who monitors the quality of my client care on a regular basis in order to ensure you receive the best treatment approach for your personal development. Anonymity and confidentiality are maintained during those clinical supervision sessions.
As a CBT therapist, I adhere to the BABCP‘s and BACP‘s Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics, as well as to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Therefore, it is of prime priority to treat your information as confidential and use it only for the purposes of psychological treatment. The obligation to maintain your confidentiality continues even after the therapeutic relationship has ended. However, as every practising psychotherapist, I have Duty of Care and circumstances when confidentiality may be breached exist. These include situations where there may be a risk of harm to yourself or others with whom you may be involved. You will be provided with more information about the limitations of confidentiality at the start of treatment.
• Psychological Assessment (60 minutes) – £100
• Individual Therapy Session (50 minutes) – £85
Payment via a bank transfer is needed to reserve the agreed date and time slot.
Please remember to cancel or reschedule an appointment 24 hours in advance; otherwise, you will be charged for the full rate for any missed session.
Get in Touch
DON’T HESITATE TO REACH OUT
Reaching out for help can sometimes be very hard. It is completely normal to feel nervous and even hesitant. Please remember that you are not alone, no matter how much you think you are. One quick message outlining the difficulties you are going through may be the first step towards overcoming them!